Bed bugs are now proving to be a major problem not just in the United States but across the world as well. These creatures are extremely resilient and hitchhike in luggage or on humans which lends them mobility. Once these pests get into your home or commercial premises, it doesn’t take long for them to breed, build colonies and become a major nuisance.
Bed bug facts
- Bed bugs can vary in size and color depending on their various stage of life cycle.
- These creatures live and breed in dark areas and they build colonies in the seams of mattresses, sofa upholstery, miniature cracks in headboards, nightstands or even in the bed springs. In fact, they also live under carpets, in the folds of curtains as well as inside electronic equipment.
- These pests are flightless, but as mentioned earlier they simply crawl into luggage or even onto your person and travel very easily into your home.
- You will find bed bugs only in areas where they can find food (human or animal blood) and its why they prefer to live in mattresses or in pet’s bedding
- Bed bugs are nocturnal in nature and come out only once you have settled into bed and feed on your blood while you are asleep.
While bed bugs aren’t known to be disease carriers, their bites can cause severe allergies and rashes in some people. Off-the-shelf bed bug control remedies aren’t effective as these sprays only kill the adult bugs but don’t affect the larvae or the eggs. Eventually, these mature and give rise to new colonies of bed bugs.
We can provide effective and environmentally-friendly bed bug control solutions. If you want to know more about TKO Pest Control or want to book a service, don’t hesitate to contact us today and ask for a consultation!